Re: Fedora Workstation and disabled by default firewall

On Tuesday, August 27, 2019 10:03:51 PM MST Chris Murphy wrote:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Workstation/Technical_Specification
>
> The discussion and decision to not include firewall-config (GUI
> configuration application for firewalld) by default, five years ago
> https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/desktop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> g/thread/QROJ6LHGT5UUMNTBXEIJTPHPI3IWGFRY/

> What's changed since then? It's fine to have purposeful re-evaluation
> of any requirements or specification, but someone or a group need to
> look through the prior history, and clearly articulate why that
> history is obsolete, and produce a compelling case why this should be
> re-evaluated.

That's not necessary. We don't need to address everything that was mentioned
before, nor do I honestly care. Others may, I most certainly do not. This is
not something many were aware of before this thread. This sort of thing didn't
always get the kind of attention it does now.

Current problem: Workstation ships with a useless firewall config
Solution: Get rid of it, replace it with something more sane, like whatever
the Server spin or KDE spin use, and set the default zone to "public".

--
John M. Harris, Jr. <johnmh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Splentity