Re: Some Java packages in need of new permanent maintainer(s)

On Wed, Aug 14, 2019 at 12:08 PM Fabio Valentini <decathorpe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello packagers,
>
> The Stewardship SIG is currently providing only bare-minimum
> maintenance for some Java packages, and none of our packages depend on
> them anymore.
> So, we're looking for someone to take better care of them, preferably
> someone who actively uses these packages or maintains a package that
> depends on them.
>
> The packages are:
>
> - apache-commons-csv
> - apache-commons-discovery
> - apache-commons-el
> - apache-commons-fileupload
> - apache-rat
> - c3p0
> - emma
> - geronimo-jaspic-spec
> - glassfish-jsp
> - gpars
> - groovy
> - httpunit
> - jboss-connector-1.7-api
> - jboss-jsf-2.1-api
> - jboss-websocket-1.0-api
> - jetty8
> - jetty-alpn
> - jetty-distribution-remote-resources
> - jetty-schemas
> - jetty-test-helper
> - jline1
> - kohsuke-pom
> - maven-mapping
> - xmlrpc
> - xom
> - zinc
>
> Directly dependent packages of apache-commons-csv:
> - HikariCP
> - tika
>
> Directly dependent packages of apache-commons-discovery:
> - eclipse-webtools
> - jenkins
> - mx4j
>
> Directly dependent packages of apache-commons-el:
> - eclipse
>
> Directly dependent packages of apache-commons-fileupload:
> - async-http-client1
> - axis2
> - eclipse
> - jenkins
> - restlet-jse
> - solr3
> - sslext
> - struts
>
> Directly dependent packages of apache-rat:
> - apache-commons-jcs
> - apache-log4j-extras
> - apache-rat
> - artemis
> - bval
> - johnzon
> - maven-shared-resources
> - qpid-jms
> - shiro
> - terracotta-statistics
>
> Directly dependent packages of c3p0:
> - datanucleus-rdbms
> - hibernate
> - hibernate4
> - mysql-connector-java
> - quartz
>
> Directly dependent packages of emma:
> - fastutil
> - time-api
>
> Directly dependent packages of geronimo-jaspic-spec:
> - jetty

> [...]

Two weeks have passed by and nobody offered to maintain any of the
listed packages.
The stewardship-sig group has been removed from them and they have
been orphaned.
Bugz assigned to the Stewardship SIG or one of its members have been
reassigned to the orphan user.
The default BugZilla assignee for these packages will also be reset.

Fabio