Re: fedora-gpg-keys not updated yet again

On 8/23/19 12:21 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On 8/23/19 4:12 AM, Dusty Mabe wrote:

>>> I don't see how this helps any. I agree we should push out the f33 keys
>>> before next branching, but why now?
>>>

>> For me it solves any "timing" issues. We often get into a state where we're
>> trying to upgrade to something that is signed with a key we don't have yet.
>
> Yes, but it would also be solved by pushing the F33 key out a few weeks
> or a month or so before branching next time right?

It depends on how often people update. If they wait a month to do an update we
still get into a situation like this where fedora-gpg-keys doesn't have the key
but they are trying to update to a system that has content signed by it.

Creating the key for the next next rawhide at time of branching would also mean
that we make minimal changes to our existing SOPs. The ONLY change is that now
we're creating the key for the next next rawhide instead.

Dusty