Re: Getting .fc32 packages while trying to follow F31 branch ?

Hi Adrian,

I think this redirection is cause of breakage on rawhide machines. I
think we must be able to first serve separate repositories. Only then it
can proceed to increase of version in new rawhide.

My point is, n+1 has to be always signed by old key served in fedora and
updates repositories for that version. If next branching from rawhide
should be smooth:

1. new key has to exist in advance
2. n+1 has to keep old key that previous rawhide started with. No
package in fedora or updates or updates-testing repos should contain
package signed by n+2 key. n+2 key (and rawhide) can be used for signing
only after they are separate and n+1 repo is ready. Until that, only n+1
key must be used.

What are use cases when redirects are used? Would it make more sense to
redirect it opposite way, until rawhide is ready?

Hope it makes sense.

Regards,
Petr

On 8/19/19 10:13 PM, Adrian Reber wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 19, 2019 at 11:59:49AM -0000, Leigh Scott wrote:
>>> There is no f31 repo yet https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/development/ so
>>> perhaps mirror-manager is redirecting f31 to rawhide.
>>
>> It is mirror manager doing the redirection to rawhide.
>>
>> https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=fedora-$releasever&arch=$basearch
>
> For convenience there are repository redirects from n+1 to rawhide. I
> had to remove them manually and in a few hours mirrormanager should
> point to the correct repositories. If not, please open a ticket.
>
> 		Adrian

Petr Menšík
Software Engineer
Red Hat, http://www.redhat.com/