Re: RANT: compton-ng…

On Tuesday, 13 August 2019 15:51:41 CEST Artem Tim wrote:
> Fixed
> https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/compton-ng/blob/master/f/compton-ng.spec
>

> > How did it pass review?
>

> Because no one reviewing packages in Fedora. Only one person reviewing and
> help witch packaging - eclipseo. Many thanks to him.

> Also no one want to wait for month+ and pinging non existent maintainer.
>
> Keep more like that and more people will continue switch to SUSE, Arch,
> whatever where no such bureaucracy and where no terrible tooling from 1990s
> like RHBZ for reviewing process.

I've only checked that Compton was obsolete, which it seems due to inactivity
on GitHub. However I shouldn't have assumed that you discussed this with
Compton maintainer, that's on me. You are obsoleting his or her package, you
should have talked about it with them. You wouldn't want your package to be
obsoleted without you being consulted, would you? If he or she is not
responding, you should launch a non-responsive maintainer process, not ignore
it and go your own way.^

Best regards,

Robert-André