Re: Orphaned packages looking for new maintainers

On Mon, Aug 5, 2019 at 12:07 PM Hans de Goede <hdegoede@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In the extended version: https://churchyard.fedorapeople.org/orphans-2019-08-05.txt
> I see that javapackages-tools is still on the list (because it depends on gradle)
> and that in turn brings problems for lot of other packages.
>
> So I wonder what the plan forward is. I've been looking at my own packages
> which depend on javapackages-tools and they really only need 2 things:

>From my side as owner of javapackages-tools the plan is to do nothing
as there is no problem with javapackages-tools packages (that I know
of). If at some point of time javapackages-tools becomes FTBFS or FTI
due to gradle or another of its dependencies being retired, I will fix
the problem in an adequate way.

> 1) javapackages-filesystem
> 2) %jpackage_script macro (and it deps)
>
> Looking at: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Java this is pretty much
> the minimum set of what packages need to follow the guidelines. It seems that
> javapackages-tools contains way more then this and I'm wondering if it would
> be a good idea to do a javapackages-tools-minimal as a separate package and
> move the 2 items from above there. Then over time we can move java-packages
> in the base package set to use javapackages-tools-minimal and eventually drop
> the full javapackages-tools from the base package set.

I don't see any reason to add javapackages-tools-minimal or migrate
any packages. If there are any issues with javapackages-tools then
please open bugs and I will respond to them.

--
Mikolaj Izdebski