Re: Orphaned packages looking for new maintainers (75 to be retired)

Dne 26. 07. 19 v 18:25 Kevin Fenzi napsal(a):
> On 7/26/19 4:25 AM, Hans de Goede wrote:
>
>> 1) Have some automated process automatically email co-maintainers when the
>> primary maintainer orphan the package.
> That should already be the case? FMN should mail you... perhaps this
> isn't working?
>
>> 2) Make taking over the package a 1 click action
> There's work to get this happening...
>
>> Proposal to really fix this. We often say that people should not feel they
>> own a package, but that this is all a team effort, hence we also promote
>> co-maintainer ship, so I propose that:
>>
>> 1) We get rid of the concept of primary maintainer + co-maintainers, a
>> package
>> simple has 1-n maintainers, who are all equal.
> The reason we have a main admin/point of contact is because bugzilla
> makes us set one email address/account as assigned and the rest get CC'ed.
>
> That said, we could:
> * make a bugzilla user for every package named
> 'packagename-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'
> * assign bugs for that package to that user (no ccs)
>
> This would allow us to avoid a main admin/point of contact.
> On the other hand you couldn't tell from bugzilla what humans were
> behind that alias, which some people might dislike.

That would be nice I think. At least I would not need to unsubsribe from
bugs associated with package I am not longer interested in.

>> 2) Only orphan a package when the maintainer count drops to 0.
> If we come up with a way to deal with bugzilla, sure.

What is the issue here? Orphaned packages are owned by orphaned-extras user.

Anyway, I don't like the automatic handover idea. That way the package
might be given from one unresponsive package to another. It is better to
orphan it and if there is somebody active, there is no reason (s)he
should not pick it up. But of course the picking up step is currently
suboptimal.

Vít