Re: Rolling out Phase I of rawhide package gating

On Fri, Jul 26, 2019 at 02:41:44PM +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:

> I've been trying to build nbdkit which depends on libnbd >= 0.1.9
> in Fedora Rawhide this morning.
>
> I built libnbd a few hours ago, but it hasn't turned up in Rawhide.
>
> I also discovered that you can now submit updates for Rawhide, so why
> not: https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2019-d3e8c3f7da
> However this didn't help either.
>
> I guess this is something to do with this change, and if it is, what
> am I supposed to do?

Yes and no, robosignatory is swamped signing the builds from the mass-rebuild,
which means they aren't landing in the buildroot :(

My test of the pipeline this morning took about 5h to land in rawhide :(

I've opened an infra ticket to see how we can improve/avoid this in the future.

Also, there is no need to go via bodhi, the update you have created would have
been automatically created for you.
Basically in rawhide, we're using bodhi for its UI and its central place.
Everybody knows it and this makes it an obvious place to check what's going on
with a build/update.
Unless you've added tests to your packages or are interested in it, there is
basically no need to interact with bodhi.

Best,
Pierre