Re: RPM building on s390x sometimes is very slow on F-30+

Hello All!
It started to get stuck again. Right now I'm experiencing this issue
with RabbitMQ for F-30 and F-31:

* https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=36457376
* https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=36457345

чт, 11 июл. 2019 г. в 19:14, Kevin Fenzi <kevin@xxxxxxxxx>:

> On 7/11/19 4:13 AM, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> > On Thu, 11 Jul 2019 at 06:47, Philip Kovacs via devel <
> > devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> >> It's likely the big endian emulation running on little endian machines
> >> which is killing performance.
> >> I also have some time sensitive package tests failing on s390x.
> >>

> > I am a bit confused by what you are saying. Could you restate?  Compilation
> > on s390x happens on native hardware. But are you meaning that the erlang VM
> > is little endian and the big-endian s390x is having to emulate it?
> >
> > We have been having problems with the s390x systems lately due to multiple
> > reasons outside of infrastructure's control. Kevin Fenzi has been working
> > on trying to get a replacement set of builders in place over the last week
> > to try and deal with this. I do not know if your build got stuck on a
> > builder which was transitioning or something similar.
>
> So, yeah, part of this is my fault. :(
>
> If you look at
> https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=36131065
> you will note that there are 4 buildroots listed. That means the build
> was restarted 4 times. Likely this happened when I was
> installing/updating/shuffling builders around there. Sorry about that.
>
> That said, it still should have finished long ago.
>
> The current state of s390x builders:
>
> buildvm-s390x-01 to 14 are all the existing Z/VM instances we have had
> for a long while. Likely we are going to keep them for a while until we
> are sure the kvm instances are reliable and happy.
>
> buildvm-s390x-15 to 24 are new kvm instances. They have a higher
> 'weight' than the others and from my testing are much faster.
>
> Your build seems perhaps stuck in tests?
>
> I've freed it (again) and it's now running on buildvm-s390x-22 (a kvm
> instance). Lets see how it does there. I will in the meantime
> update/reboot the Z/VM instances.
>
> kevin

With best regards, Peter Lemenkov.