Re: RPM building on s390x sometimes is very slow on F-30+

On Thu, 11 Jul 2019 at 06:47, Philip Kovacs via devel <devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
It's likely the big endian emulation running on little endian machines which is killing performance.
I also have some time sensitive package tests failing on s390x.

I am a bit confused by what you are saying. Could you restate?  Compilation on s390x happens on native hardware. But are you meaning that the erlang VM is little endian and the big-endian s390x is having to emulate it?

We have been having problems with the s390x systems lately due to multiple reasons outside of infrastructure's control. Kevin Fenzi has been working on trying to get a replacement set of builders in place over the last week to try and deal with this. I do not know if your build got stuck on a builder which was transitioning or something similar.