Re: Rolling out Phase I of rawhide package gating

On 24. 07. 19 17:30, Robbie Harwood wrote:
Pierre-Yves Chibon <pingou@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

When you run `fedpkg build` on Rawhide, your package will be built in
a new koji tag (which will be the default target for Rawhide). The
package will be picked up from this koji tag, signed and moved onto a
second tag. Bodhi will be notified by koji once this new build is
signed and will automatically create an update for it (you will be
notified about this by email by bodhi directly) with a “Testing”
status. If the package maintainer has not opted in into the CI
workflow, the update will be pushed to “Stable” and the build will be
pushed into the regular Rawhide tag, making it available in the
Rawhide buildroot, just as it is today.

Hi, how will we programatically check what state the tests are in?  For
instance, `fedpkg build` (`koji watch-task`) waits until builds are
complete - what do we do to wait until tests are complete (and check the
result)?

If I understand this properly, `koji wait-repo` will do for packages without gated test or when the tests pass. However, it will eventually timeout if the tests fail.

--
Miro Hrončok