Re: Discussion around app retirements and categorizations by the CPE team

On Wed, Jul 17, 2019 at 4:13 PM Neal Gompa <ngompa13@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 17, 2019 at 10:09 AM Florian Weimer <fweimer@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > * Peter Robinson:

> > > I believe bugzilla is maintained by an internal team and as such is
> > > outside of the CPE team's scope and hence unaffected.
> >
> > I strongly doubt this will be true indefinitely.  I expect things will
> > change pretty quickly once partners can access and file bugs in the
> > other bug tracker.
> >

> I’m assuming you are referring to Red Hat’s JIRA instance?
>
> (For shame that they’re using JIRA, but there’s nothing we can do about it…)

I encourage us to focus on the rescoping work the infrastructure team
is doing and identifying challenges/issues/means of support for that.

A discussion of bug trackers is definitely nothing but rehashing old
news.  RH may or may not be changing the way it tracks bugs, but so
far they haven't tried to deprecate any pathways Fedora uses.
Matthew, Ben and I keep an eye on these things assisted by a literal
metric ton of RHers who value and are passionate about Fedora.

Bugzilla is currently maintained for us.  If that changes we can
react, but lets focus on what we know is changing now.

regards,

bex

> --
> 真実はいつも一つ!/ Always, there's only one truth!

Brian "bex" Exelbierd (he/him/his)
Fedora Community Action & Impact Coordinator
@bexelbie | http://www.winglemeyer.org
bexelbie@xxxxxxxxxx | bex@xxxxxxxxx