Re: Fedora 31 Self-Contained Change proposal: Limit Scriptlet Usage of core packages

> On Thu, 2019-07-04 at 11:38 +0200, Tomas Mraz wrote:
> > OK, let's talk about concrete package: crypto-policies needs to run
> > update-crypto-policies --no-check >/dev/null
> >
> > It currently does it in %post.
> >
> > It could do it in %posttrans - that would be one option.
>
> Presumably only if no other package being installed needed correct
> crypto policies for its scriptlets?

Well, there would be _some_ configuration present from the crypto-
policy package install at least. And on updates there will be the
previous version. So this would be needed only in case the policy was
for some reason broken in the previous version and we are doing an
update and want to fix the breakage for the other packages scriptlets.

I think this is a fairly obscure scenario that we can ignore unless
there is any other non-obscure way how to avoid it.

--
Tomáš Mráz
                                              Turkish proverb