Re: Fedora Distgits

On Wed, Jun 12, 2019 at 8:47 AM Orion Poplawski <orion@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> - create or update your Github account to have all of your email
> addresses associated with it.

[snip]

>  From a quick scan of the stats, the following people likely have
> multiple addresses:

[snip]

> Jerry James

There are 4 entries for me.  I consolidated my gmail.com address and
my fedoraproject.org addresses.  One of the other two is an email
address that no longer exists.  The fourth entry says that there are
no commits associated with it, and I am unable to tell which email
address it is associated with.

I tried adding the email address that no longer exists to my github
account anyway, just to let this service read it.  Github announced
that it was sending a verification email (which would bounce), but
showed it.  I clicked on the "Claim your contributions/Login" link as
instructed, authorized reading my github email addresses, and got only
the gmail.com and fedoraproject.org addresses.  It appears that
whatever method is being used to read the email addresses does not
read unverified addresses.

Due to not being able to tell what one email address is and the
service not reading unverified github email addresses, I am able to
consolidate only 2 of the 4 entries bearing my name.

Regards,
--
Jerry James
http://www.jamezone.org/