Re: RFC: Multiple parallel side tags

Nicolas Mailhot via devel wrote:
> But, what is different here from the Fedora circles / Fedora modules /
> etc endeavours? Isn’t the root problem synchronizing common code paths,
> because free software means pervasive code reuse, apps ends up being
> deployed together, and un-sharing generates collisions / API
> incompatibilities / behaviour incompatibilities / config file
> incompatibilities / un-adressed security issues?
>
> What makes it possible in modules but not in side tags?

Modules are just as broken.

We really need to go back to just doing all the work directly in the one and
only Rawhide, no modules, side tags, or other such "features" that are just
conflicts waiting to happen. Yes, this means Rawhide will go back to being
broken for people trying to actually use it while a transition is ongoing,
but the point of Rawhide is to do development in it, NOT to be used. It
should be fully expected that Rawhide does NOT work as an actual distro,
ever. Its one and only purpose should be to coordinate the package
development so it all happens in one place.

        Kevin Kofler