Re: Tagging commit hashes of Koji builds in dist-git

* Thomas Moschny:

> Am Do., 6. Juni 2019 um 14:12 Uhr schrieb Pierre-Yves Chibon
> <pingou@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>>
>> On Thu, Jun 06, 2019 at 01:52:20PM +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:
>> > Is there a reason why we do not tag dist-git commits, using a name which
>> > is derived from the NEVR from a Koji build?
>>
>> One of the issue is that currently tags are not immutable, ei packagers could
>> override them.
>
> Tags could be signed, and also pagure could reject removal of tags.
> Immutability is a feature of the repository, not the tags themselves,
> I think.

Yes, I think you can have a Git hook which updates certain tag updates,
just like you would reject branch updates.  It probably makes sense to
put the Koji tags into a separate namespace anyway, so filtering it by
prefix string should be possible.  (It would also stop people from
pushing misleading tags that don't correspond to Koji builds, but look
that way.)

Tagging would have to happen upon successful completion of the build
(for a failed build, the NVR can be reused), which is slightly annoying,
but still better than having no tags at all, ever.

Thanks,
Florian