Re: Package with open and closed dual license

Andrew Toskin wrote:
> Oh, sorry, I hadn't thought to try searching for previous threads about
> VeraCrypt in particular.
>
> And, looking at it again, the dual license here is tricky, because it
> looks like the old TrueCrypt files are still TrueCrypt-licensed, while the
> new files are Apache-licensed. I wondered briefly about whether VeraCrypt
> had evolved enough that it would build if you just omitted the TrueCrypt
> files (unlikely) -- but worse: Many of the old TrueCrypt files have been
> modified, so license comments at the top claim *portions* of the file will
> have the old or the new license depending on who wrote which lines when.
> Eww :(
>
> ...Would it be allowed in RPM Fusion, then?

The thing is, why would you need it to begin with? To open existing
True/VeraCrypt volumes, just use cryptsetup (a core part of Fedora). If you
really want to create new True/VeraCrypt volumes (ewww…), or if cryptsetup
cannot open a True/VeraCrypt volume for some reason, try tcplay, a BSD-
licensed interoperable implementation that is already packaged in Fedora.

        Kevin Kofler