Re: Un-orphaned NodeJS packages upgrades in rawhide

On 29/04/2019 15:21, Jan Staněk wrote:

Only other option I can think of is going the Rust route (packages only
in rawhide, anything depending on them must be a module), which I'm not
a fan of.

Module don't work for Node.js though.

They work for rust and go because of static linking, so different
packages can pull in the library versions (from parallel available
modules) at build time and then those libraries are statically
linked into the resulting program.

Node.js is totally different though - there the node modules are
needed at run time by the installed packages not just at build time
so you would need parallel installability not just availability.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom@xxxxxxxxxx)
http://compton.nu/