Re: Can we maybe reduce the set of packages we install by default a bit?

On Sa, 13.04.19 14:03, Steve Grubb (sgrubb@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> > If you enable lingering for a user, it's the "systemd --user" instance
> > (i.e. the per-user service manager) that is started at boot and
> > terminated at shutdown (instead of started at first login and
> > terminated at last logout of the user), that's all.
> >
> > If you then run code as user service (i.e. as a service started and
> > managed by the "systemd --user" instance instead of PID 1) then it is
> > lifecycled (and its processes killed as needed) by the user service
> > manager. And you can configure the way you want killing to behave like
> > you would for any systemd service: with KillMode= in the unit file.
>
> This doesn't really fit with the security requirements we need.
> Anything run outside of a user session needs to have an audit session id
> and login uid assigned to anything run.

It has. As mentioned, systemd --user runs as part of a PAM session,
hence it acquire its own session ID and loginuid setting as part of that.

> We also need to have the ability to know the name of the script that
> is being run in an audit event.

To my knowledge audit collects the comm name of any process already, no?

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering, Berlin