Re: Can we maybe reduce the set of packages we install by default a bit?

On Wed, 2019-04-10 at 12:49 +0200, Kamil Paral wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 9, 2019 at 8:21 PM Lennart Poettering <mzerqung@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
> > Hmm, but the installed OS is not 100% the same as the livesys, or is
> > it? If not, it should be possible to add a "systemctl disable
> > dmraid.service --root=/path/to/os" somewhere, no?
> >

> AFAIK, they are 100% same. There's a hack, check your
> /etc/rc.d/init.d/livesys
> /etc/rc.d/init.d/livesys-late
> They are executed every time during boot, but immediately quit if they
> detect they're not running on a Live image (using kernel command line). You
> can see them also here:
> https://pagure.io/fedora-kickstarts/blob/f30/f/fedora-live-base.ks#_73
> https://pagure.io/fedora-kickstarts/blob/f30/f/fedora-live-base.ks#_232

That's only part of the story. All the other kickstarts can add bits to
the scripts, too (by catting to them). The actual script on any given
live image is a combination of the bits from live-base and whatever the
other kickstarts involved in building that image do to it.

A long time ago I rewrote these as systemd units; the change was
rejected...
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey