Re: Sphinx and xindy

On Mon, Apr 1, 2019 at 9:36 PM Jerry James <loganjerry@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> That was, in fact, an s390x-specific gcc bug, now fixed in Rawhide.
> Sadly, the clisp build is still failing in Rawhide, with failures in
> the socket tests:

The failing test attempts to bind to localhost:9090.  Apparently
something on the s390x koji builders binds that port.  The test is
arguably broken; it should iterate over successive port numbers until
if finds one that is available, rather than picking a single port
number and failing if that port is unavailable.  Anyway, I "fixed" it
for now by choosing a different port number.  I'll ask upstream to
really fix it.

So clisp has been built for all architectures in Rawhide now.  I
cannot build it for F30 yet, because the version of gcc with the s390x
fix has not yet been submitted as an update.  Regardless, can somebody
who knows how to build xindy try it in Rawhide and let me know if
there are problems doing so?  Or give me instructions on how to build
it myself?  Thanks,
--
Jerry James
http://www.jamezone.org/