Re: Loopy rpm subpackages dependencies

On Thu, 28 Mar 2019 at 20:57, Neal Gompa <ngompa13@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[..]
> Other things related to the rpm.
> Why in main rpm package is possible to find whole /usr/lib/rpm/platform? That directory contains ONLY resources used during build!!! Why main rpm package includes documentation about building packages? =:-#

They can be used at runtime as well, especially if you use
runtime-evaluated macros in scriptlets.

Hopefully it is still only theory ..

1) Exactly those macros long time ago have been separated as build stage dependent set. (Just in case if it is not obvious) in platform/ are all archs files because that allows use rpm to do cross arch builds.
2) Theoretically someone may do any possible s*d thing in such scriptlets and still it does not mean that those macros should be used :)
3) I don't know anything about such cases like you mention in any Fedora spec files uses that (just done I've done few greps and still potential list is empty) and it is already some non-empty set of such specs that should be corrected ASAP because using something like this potentially could be like opening Pandora box.

kloczek
--
Tomasz Kłoczko |  LinkedIn: http://lnkd.in/FXPWxH