Re: Updating Rawhide vs GPG keys

On 3/13/19 3:33 AM, Miroslav Suchý wrote:
> Dne 12. 03. 19 v 19:49 Kevin Fenzi napsal(a):
>> We need to revamp this entirely, and as luck would have it, we have a plan:
>>
>> https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/thread/5UVGSBRLX352A4S2CBZ2CGBXPAGQTYKB/
>
> I am afraid that this will not help in this situation, because even if $releasever will be equal to "rawhide" you still
> will have in repo file:
>   gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-$releasever-$basearch>
> which will have prior the branching *content* of F30 gpg key. Then after branching (let say 4 weeks later) you will run
> 'dnf upgrade'. It will try to download new fedodra-gpg-keys package, which will be signed by F31 gpg key.

Yeah.

> IMO the only solution to this is:
>   * create new gpg keys several months before branching and add it to fedodra-gpg-keys package and

Yep. We should do this, but note that this only partly solves it. What
if I have a rawhide machine from when rawhide was f29 say or older and
decide to try and update it? :) Of course you should always update your
rawhide machines frequently.

but it would help. We could even just generate them always at least a
release in advance. ie, make sure the f32 key goes out with f30.

>   * gpgkey in repo file lists both gpg keys

So, you mean current rawhide should list the f31 key and the (not yet
made) f32 key? yeah, we could do that I think. I haven't tested, but man
dnf.conf implies you can specify multiple keys per repo.

> or
>   * sign rpm packages in rawhide by both keys - and I'm afraid our infrastructure is not ready for this.

I persued this. Our infrastructure is fine with it... but rpm isn't.
https://github.com/rpm-software-management/rpm/issues/189

kevin