Re: Blocking criteria proposal for F30+: Printing

On Tue, Mar 12, 2019 at 2:53 AM Zdenek Dohnal <zdohnal@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> IMHO Stephen meant it as driverless 'driver' or IPP everywhere enabled
> printer, since 'generic IPP driver' does not exist.

OK.

> > What supports IPP Everywhere out of the box?
> >
> > Any computer running CUPS 1.5 or later
> I beg to differ that it is not entirely correct.

I got that straight out of the IPP Everywhere FAQ, but the point I did
not state and should have is, Fedora 30 definitely far exceeds the
minimum requirement. That was also the point of pointing out Android
4.4 supports it.

> > Proposal for Fedora 30: If anyone is able to, with reasonable effort,
> > successfully run the agreed test cases to any printer supporting IPP
> > 2.0 or higher, using whatever driver is required, then we don't block.
>
> I would go with 'if printing works on IPP everywhere printer available
> for Fedora QA' (hooray, we have one :) ) 'then do not block'. But it
> seems as technicality...

I'm completely fine with narrowing this to an IPP Everywhere printer
for Fedora 30. From yesterday's QA meeting, I was understanding they
don't have an IPP Everywhere printer, but figured it should be
possible to track down an IPP 2.0+ printer. So yeah if there's an IPP
Everwhere test printer handy, just go with that from the outset.

--
Chris Murphy