Re: On not bumping the epoch in ceph-14, f30 and f31/rawhide

On Mon, Mar 11, 2019 at 7:35 AM Daniel P. Berrangé <berrange@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The ability to have multiple different builds of the same software which
users can choose between, sounds alot like the use case for modularity.
Abusing Epoch to try to address this kind of situation feels like a pretty
undesirable approach, as this problem with suddenly clashing Epochs will
illustrate.

If only there had been modularity before f29 that might have been reasonable a reasonable claim, IMO.

But it wasn't.  My issue is that there's no way to fix things when a mistake is made.

Perhaps I misunderstand the purpose of rawhide. I appreciate that "we" try to _not_ break things in rawhide, but when they do, there should be a way to fix them.

--

Kaleb