Re: Allowing Epoch to be reset between releases (Was: On not bumping the epoch in ceph-14, f30 and f31/rawhide)

On Mon, Mar 11, 2019 at 12:23 PM Neal Gompa <ngompa13@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I don't remember how Plague handles this anymore (forgive me, but I
> haven't interacted with Plague since 2005!), but both Koji and OBS
> don't care if the Epoch goes up or down. Koji uses NVR as a key
> (without Epoch), and OBS freely allows EVRs to go up and down.

Some parts of Koji do rely on epoch not doing down. Notably,
koji-shadow uses epoch and it will stop working correctly when epoch
is removed or decreased. koji-shadow is not currently used by Fedora
project, but it may be used in future to bootstrap new architectures.
And it is still used by third parties to rebuild Fedora packages.

--
Mikolaj Izdebski