Re: question on spec file for building rpm with source file that includes python and C code

Hi,

Globe Trotter wrote:
> Thanks, and that takes care of it.

Glad that helped.

> Thanks also for letting me know of preferred options. I am
> quite new to this and so any advice is always helpful.
>
> I will see if the copr maintainer wants to host my build.
> fetchmail 7.0.0 alpha has support for oauth2
> authentication so is worth chasing. (Of course, I will
> test it first.)Thanks again!

Since you're building a pre-release version, you may want to
read the packaging guidelines on version/release tags:

    https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/packaging-guidelines/Versioning/#_prerelease_versions

Rather than:

    Version: 7.0.0.alpha6
    Release: 1%{?dist}

You want something like:

    Version: 7.0.0
    Release: 0.1.alpha6%{?dist}

That will also require changes to the Source0 URL, and it
might be worth having the 'alpha6' string in a macro which
can be used in both the Release and SourceO tags.

Good luck,

--
Todd