Re: question on spec file for building rpm with source file that includes python and C code

Hi,

[BTW, something is wrong with your mail client's quoting.
It is very hard to read your replies when your reply and the
text to which you are replying to are at the same quote
level.]

Globe Trotter wrote:
> Thanks! I see. Actually, I am not that keen on packaging
> fetchmailconf. I think that fetchmail users are able to
> edit their own files which do not change that frequently.
>
> So how do I get to ignore the python files? I am doing
> exactly the same as in the current released spec file. I
> must be missign something.  Thanks!

It seems that you've added the python3-* BuildeRequires
which are not in the current Fedora fetchmail.spec.  They
were removed from the Fedora fetchmail.spec in fda3158
("Remove unnecessary python-devel dependency", 2018-07-23):

    https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/fetchmail/c/fda3158

You can see in that commit that there was previously a call
to rm which removed the fetchmailconf.py* files as well.  It
was no longer needed with the python2-devel BuildeRequires
removed.

The fetchmailconf.py files are only installed if python is
found by configure.  If you don't want fetchmailconf
packaged, drop those python3* packages from the
BuildeRequires and ensure python is not in the buildroot.

Since you're seeing the python files installed into the
python2.7 sitelib, I would presume that you have python2 in
the buildroot where you're building.  If that's true, then
removing the python3* BuildeRequires won't be sufficient.

You should also pass PYTHON=: to configure, as the
README.packaging document suggests.  That makes it clear
that even if python slips into the buildroot that you don't
want fetchmail to use it.

--
Todd