Re: Fedora 31 System-Wide Change proposal: Gating Rawhide - Single package updates

On Sat, Mar 02, 2019 at 01:36:10PM -0800, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On 3/1/19 1:19 PM, Ben Cotton wrote:
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/GatingRawhideSinglePackageUpdates
> >
> ...snip...
>
> > # Add tests to a package you maintain in Fedora using the [[
> > CI/Quick_Start_Guide ]] documentation (see the full [[CI|CI
> > documentation ]] for more information).
> > # Update your package in rawhide
> > # Ensure that the bodhi update is automatically created
> > # Check that the tests have properly ran (see the Tests tab in the bodhi update)
> > # Ensure that the bodhi update went through to rawhide once the tests passed
>
> Might also test the 'opt out case' (ie, waiving or opting out
> successfully lands the build in rawhide with failing tests?)

I have added a sentence about how to waive failing tests and a section about how
to test without opting in into gating.
I'll add a section about how to opt-out but before I do that I'd like to clear
out something, so it may take me a day or two before I can write this section.

> > === Multi package update with single package update gating ===
> >
> >     fedpkg clone rpms/foobar
> >     cd foobar/
> >     vim foobar.spec
> >     git commit -am "Update of foobar to update foo to 1.2"
> >     fedpkg push
> >     fedpkg build --target=rawhide-candidate
> >     cd ..
> >     fedpkg clone rpms/foobaz
> >     cd foobaz
> >     vim foobaz.spec
> >     git commit -am "Update of foobaz to update foo to 1.2"
> >     fedpkg push
> >     fedpkg build --target=rawhide-candidate
> >     cd ..
> >     fedpkg clone rpms/foo
> >     cd foo
> >     vim foo.spec
> >     git commit -am "Update foo to 1.2"
> >     fedpkg push
> >     fedpkg build --target=rawhide-candidate
> >
> > Users are practically by-passing the gating process by specifying a
> > specific build target.
>
> Do note:
>
> We removed the rawhide target in koji (
> https://pagure.io/releng/issue/7664 ). I have put in a symlink so it
> still works (without the repo regenning, pointing to f31-build). So, we
> might want to name the target here the number? Just thought I would
> mention it, we can sort it out when we need to.

I've kept "rawhide" and "rawhide-candidate" for now to be consistent in the
document (and because rawhide should remain a self-descriptive for a while), but
I'm fine changing this if needed.

> Other than those nit-picks, I think it looks great. ;)

Thanks :)

> Thanks for leading this and I hope we have it in place soon...

We should have a target date sometime this week :)

Pierre