Re: Fedora 31 System-Wide Change proposal: Gating Rawhide - Single package updates

On 3/1/19 1:19 PM, Ben Cotton wrote:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/GatingRawhideSinglePackageUpdates

...snip...

> # Add tests to a package you maintain in Fedora using the [[
> CI/Quick_Start_Guide ]] documentation (see the full [[CI|CI
> documentation ]] for more information).
> # Update your package in rawhide
> # Ensure that the bodhi update is automatically created
> # Check that the tests have properly ran (see the Tests tab in the bodhi update)
> # Ensure that the bodhi update went through to rawhide once the tests passed

Might also test the 'opt out case' (ie, waiving or opting out
successfully lands the build in rawhide with failing tests?)

> === Multi package update with single package update gating ===
>
>     fedpkg clone rpms/foobar
>     cd foobar/
>     vim foobar.spec
>     git commit -am "Update of foobar to update foo to 1.2"
>     fedpkg push
>     fedpkg build --target=rawhide-candidate
>     cd ..
>     fedpkg clone rpms/foobaz
>     cd foobaz
>     vim foobaz.spec
>     git commit -am "Update of foobaz to update foo to 1.2"
>     fedpkg push
>     fedpkg build --target=rawhide-candidate
>     cd ..
>     fedpkg clone rpms/foo
>     cd foo
>     vim foo.spec
>     git commit -am "Update foo to 1.2"
>     fedpkg push
>     fedpkg build --target=rawhide-candidate
>
> Users are practically by-passing the gating process by specifying a
> specific build target.

Do note:

We removed the rawhide target in koji (
https://pagure.io/releng/issue/7664 ). I have put in a symlink so it
still works (without the repo regenning, pointing to f31-build). So, we
might want to name the target here the number? Just thought I would
mention it, we can sort it out when we need to.

Other than those nit-picks, I think it looks great. ;)

Thanks for leading this and I hope we have it in place soon...

kevin