Re: Fedora 31 System-Wide Change proposal: Gating Rawhide - Single package updates

On Fri, Mar 01, 2019 at 06:57:48PM -0800, Tom Stellard wrote:
> On 03/01/2019 01:19 PM, Ben Cotton wrote:
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/GatingRawhideSinglePackageUpdates
> >
> > == Summary ==
> > We want to gate packages on test results before they can land in
> > rawhide. This will reduce the amount of broken dependency,
> > uninstallable packages and broken composes leading to a more stable
> > rawhide as well as less work on the infrastructure and rel-eng teams
> > to keep composes working.
> >

> Does the gating prevent packages from being tagged at all so that they
> won't even end up in the buildroot, or does it just gate packages from
> going into a compose?

It gates the package from entering the buildroot, which will impact the packages
going into a compose, but as a side effect.

[...]
> > ==== CI system ====
> > Nothing should change for the CI system but we will have to confirm
> > this and test in staging that they behave as expected.
> >
> I think this issue might have to be fixed first, otherwise we would end
> up with a lot of false negatives:
> https://pagure.io/fedora-ci/general/issue/20

Thanks for your feedback, I'll follow up on this ticket to see if we can get it
sorted out.

Pierre