Re: Donate 1 minute of your time to test upgrades from F29 to F30

On 2/28/19 6:55 PM, Kalev Lember wrote:
On 2/28/19 18:05, Miro Hrončok wrote:
On 28. 02. 19 16:55, Adam Williamson wrote:
More generally, the *flood* of Python 2 dep issues here is something I
was definitely concerned about with the Python 2 retirement policy
explicitly deciding not to say anything about obsoleting Python 2
subpackages :(

I wanted the py3 packages to obsolte the py2, but i was outvoted.

I completely agree with you. I think you should have gone to FESCo and
ask them to overrule the FPC in this case.

With all due respect, this would be an utter act of violence.

You can not obsolete packages which are still used by other packages nor can you obsolete packages which do not functionally replace other packages.

Ralf