Re: Orphaned packages that will be retired (and everything will most likely burn)

On to, 28 helmi 2019, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
On Thu, 28 Feb 2019 at 06:11, Ingo Hoffmann <ingo@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

First time here and concerned Java citizen. Who or how can I contact regarding the maven package maintenance? I want to either maintain or co-maintain it if there's someone already doing it.

Note there are 2 different maven's. There is maven in a RPM module set
which isn't going away. And then there is a non-modular maven set. You
might find that the things you need are in the module set. I would
also work with the rest of the java packaging team to see what they
are doing and why they are doing it.

One of the side effects of modules is that people need to work more
together on packages to see if their needs can be better organized and
grouped together.
Unfortunately, this forces other packages to go to modules. For example,
FreeIPA in Fedora doesn't like to be in a module but this change
(removal of maven, ant, etc) forces our dependency to disappear and the
only way for us is to be in a module. This doesn't sound good at all.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy
Sr. Principal Software Engineer