Re: Introducing packit

On 20. 02. 19 23:24, Tomas Tomecek wrote:
Hello,

at DevConf.cz, we have introduced a new project: packit [1] [2].
[1] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpF27v6K4Oc
[2] https://github.com/packit-service/packit

From the ticket:

>> FESCo is concerned that the presented idea of how this automation
>> should work is only applicable to a very limited set of packages and
>> would rather see a focus on automating stuff for greater
>> audience.
>
> Yes and no. With source-git [3] this is applicable to any project.
>
> [3] https://github.com/packit-service/packit#ehm-whats-source-git

This sounds like it is only applicable to projects:

 - controlled by Fedora AND
 - not concerned by the separation of concerns between upstream and downstream.

However it says something about source-git only projects as well. This seems like it is adding one extra level of complexity. Care to elaborate how this works exactly?

 A) for the package maintain who deliberately chose to do this
 B) for a provenpackager doing a mass change (e.g. removing  py2 subpackages)
 C) for releng doing a mass rebuild

I be especially interested in a step by step example in a form of "(who) does (what)".

Thanks.
--
Miro Hrončok