Re: [Late] F30 System-Wide Change proposal: GCC9

On Tue, Jan 29, 2019 at 07:07:02AM -0500, Siteshwar Vashisht wrote:

> [...]

'-fno-diagnostics-show-caret'
     By default, each diagnostic emitted includes the original source
     line and a caret '^' indicating the column.  This option suppresses
     this information.  The source line is truncated to N characters, if
     the '-fmessage-length=n' option is given.  When the output is done
     to the terminal, the width is limited to the width given by the
     'COLUMNS' environment variable or, if not set, to the terminal
     width.

'-fno-diagnostics-show-labels'
     By default, when printing source code (via
     '-fdiagnostics-show-caret'), diagnostics can label ranges of source
     code with pertinent information, such as the types of expressions:

              printf ("foo %s bar", long_i + long_j);
                            char *         long int

     This option suppresses the printing of these labels (in the example
     above, the vertical bars and the "char *" and "long int" text).

'-fno-diagnostics-show-line-numbers'
     By default, when printing source code (via
     '-fdiagnostics-show-caret'), a left margin is printed, showing line
     numbers.  This option suppresses this left margin.

	Jakub