Re: F30: System-Wide Change proposal: DNF UUID

Le 2019-01-08 11:17, Miroslav Suchý a écrit :
Dne 08. 01. 19 v 11:04 Miroslav Suchý napsal(a):
IANAL but I disagree. With IP address, I can very easily guess your town/village. With more effort I can track you to
individual house and individual device.
You cannot say the same about UUID.

I just checked and UUID is definitelly under ‘pseudonymisation’ - see
Article 4 - Definitions:

https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=CELEX:32016R0679

And that pseudonymisation is actually encouraged to be used for
statictical purposes - (156) in the preamble.

Only if it can not be correlated back (Art 156)

“The further processing of personal data for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes is to be carried out when the controller has assessed the feasibility to fulfil those purposes by processing data *which* *do* *not* *permit* *or* *no* *longer* *permit* *the* *identification* *of* *data* *subjects*, provided that appropriate safeguards exist (such as, for instance, pseudonymisation of the data)”

Otherwise it is considered personal data (Art 26)

“Personal data which have undergone pseudonymisation, which could be attributed to a natural person by the use of additional information should be considered to be information on an identifiable natural person. ”

--
Nicolas Mailhot