Re: F30 Self-Contained Change proposal: krb5 crypto modernization

Adam Williamson <adamwill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Thu, 2019-01-03 at 22:40 -0600, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
>
>> But to be fair, MIT krb5 is not known for having great error output.
>> Not being able to start at all because the K/M has an enctype which is
>> acceptable and not at all deprecated according to the documentation that
>> exists today _and_ failing in the way the software tends to fail (with
>> obscure and sometimes numeric messages) would be... tough.  Not that I
>> think anyone would just do dnf system-upgrade on their master KDC.
>
> Anyone using FreeIPA and upgrading it is doing this, I guess. (Like
> me...)

We appreciate that you *do* do this because it means others will hit
fewer bugs that they need to roll back!  But while krb5 version upgrades
are safe, distro upgrades aren't something that can be tested except in
a distro context.

Snapshots are always a good idea.

Thanks,
--Robbie