Re: Last dbus upgrade issues

On Sun, 25 Nov 2018 at 11:35, Tomasz Kłoczko <kloczko.tomasz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[..]
> I’m talking about F30 recent change in which has been implemented switch to dubs-broker.
> Ps. If this change has been propagated to F29 (hopefully not) more things will be screwed.

Seems I found what caused the issue.
I've been doing upgrade (only) dbus packages using rpm and for some
reason after all old dbus-daemon has been killed and deactivated and
at the same time dbus-broker has not been started.
Instant effect was very strange. For example I was unable to unpack
any archives with files owned by group/user not present in my system
because NSS seems now depends on dbus as well. After next few minutes
Gnome GUI crashed,

if [ $1 -eq 1 ] ; then
        systemctl --no-reload disable dbus-daemon.service
        systemctl --no-reload --global disable dbus-daemon.service
        systemctl --no-reload enable dbus-broker.service
        systemctl --no-reload --global enable dbus-broker.service
fi

This dbus-broker %post scriplet seems is only swapping started
services but does not stops dbus-daemon and starts dbus-broker if
dbus-daemon is already runimg.
At the same time because in spec file is missing uninstall dbus-daemon
by missing "Obsoletes: dbus-daemon" below

%triggerpostun -- dbus-daemon
systemctl --no-reload preset dbus-broker.service
systemctl --no-reload --global preset dbus-broker.service

has not been activated as well. IMO implementing whole transition with
leaving both old and new packages installed seems is wrong.

Solution: login after all in single mode and execute "systemctl enable
dbus-broker" than reboot.
Other problem is that dnf and rpm are executing batch of packages
scriplets not the same order with other operations. Breaking rpm
semantics by dnf is kind of asking for troubles.

kloczek
--
Tomasz Kłoczko | LinkedIn: http://lnkd.in/FXPWxH