Re: [Test-Announce] Fedora 29 Final is GO

On Fri, Oct 26, 2018 at 8:23 AM Peter Robinson <pbrobinson@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yes, I agree, I am at a loss as to why it was signed off as well,
> there was blockers like "Be able to apply updates using the desktop
> mechanism" that were seemingly ignored with broken gnome-software,
> plus numerous other issues. I don't feel it was ready but clearly
> someone had some agenda to ram it on through despite the issues.

Just the opposite, actually. mattdm and I were both in favor of
waiting another week to release on the 15th anniversary of the Fedora
Core 1 release. The bugs you refer to were all reviewed according to
our normal blocker review procedure. You can look in the minutes or
the log for the reasoning, but it generally came down to being unable
to reproduce them. Of course, you still have the right to say "I told
you so" if they blow up.

I can't say for sure that nobody had an "agenda to ram it on through",
but if they did, they didn't invite me to join the conspiracy. The
discussion around the blockers and the release in general was reasoned
and informed by folks arguing on both sides, as I would expect from
the Fedora community. We can always stand to improve the process, and
I'm happy to hear suggestions you have. But conspiratorial accusations
are not constructive.

--
Ben Cotton
Fedora Program Manager