Re: Fedora 29 Beta - Cannot add printer

Hi Sam,

thank you for your opinion! Would you mind telling me what are the
features of s-c-p, which makes you think s-c-p is more useful and
functional? I'm not control-center maintainer or upstream, but IMHO they
will be happy for propositions of enhancements.

Or if control-center doesn't make it, there's still CUPS web api, which
is enabled by default at localhost:631. You only need to have
cups.service running (if you don't want to have the service running
forever and you have socket and path units enabled and running, then you
can stop and disable the service).

On 10/24/18 4:26 AM, Samuel Sieb wrote:
> On 10/23/18 3:59 PM, Gilles Dubreuil wrote:
>> I'm doing a WIFI mode.
>> Installation works fine using CUPS but It's not working through
>> gnome-control-center.
>
> I find that "system-config-printer" is much more useful and functional
> than trying to do it through the control center.  I have had very
> little success in using the control center option.

Zdenek Dohnal
Associate Software Engineer
Red Hat Czech - Brno TPB-C