Re: Building Steam Proton on Fedora

On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 5:39 PM Dridi Boukelmoune <dridi.boukelmoune@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 5:21 PM Rex Dieter <rdieter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Steam is currently available from rpmfusion, fwiw/fyi/ymmv :
> https://pkgs.rpmfusion.org/cgit/nonfree/steam.git/

It is, and as usual, thanks to the rpmfusion folks! The reason why I
tried this outside of Fedora first is that steam is part of the
nonfree repo and as I said in my previous email I can't run non-Steam
programs via Steam Play, so I need to run Proton directly.

Installing steam from rpmfusion wouldn't help unfortunately.

I don't know how to build Proton and the people who reported Proton works for them on Fedora are simply referring to the bundled Proton in Steam installation, I believe. However, it should be possible to use Steam-bundled Proton to run arbitrary Windows executables, not just those provided by Steam, if you don't mind some tinkering:

I haven't personally tried that.