Re: package downgrades from f28 to f29

On Wednesday, 10 October 2018 14.45.22 WEST Kamil Paral wrote:
> That policy has been cancelled. Since the upgrade tools started doing
> basically "dnf distrosync (--allowerasing)" for upgrades, the upgrade path
> between distros stopped being a major issue and the policy has been
> dropped.

Even so the problem described seems to be related with packages that were not
build for F29 by mistake (probably around the time that F29 was branched from
rawhide August 14). If the same nvr exists in F28 and rawhide it is difficult
to come with a reason why it does happen the same for F29.

So even if it not a policy it would be nice to have those cases highlighted to
fix possible mistakes. A report like those that we get both here or in the
test mailing list.

Regards, :-)
--
José Abílio