Re: F29 hidden GRUB, problem testing and how to unhide

On Tue, 2018-09-18 at 18:58 -0600, Chris Murphy wrote:

> By the way, can we get some clarification as to the scope of the
> hidden grub menu change? I think it should be restricted to
> Workstation only. And not extend to anything else, including even
> Silverblue (yes it's a workstation variant but there are way too many
> major differences between silverblue startup and assembly behavior
> that totally obviates hiding the grub menu being a good idea). I'm
> pretty sure Server and Cloud people were not in favor of hiding the
> grub menu.

It is specific to Workstation. The Change page says "This new auto-hide
functionality will be automatically enabled on new Fedora Workstation
installs". The bit of anaconda that actually turns on the feature at
install time is conditionalized such that install classes can turn it
on or off. The default install class turns it off. The Workstation
class turns it on.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey