Re: Consistent CI Messages

On Tue, 21 Aug 2018 at 15:22, Jeremy Cline <jeremy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Petr,
>
> On 08/21/2018 11:50 AM, Petr Šplíchal wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > as part of bringing upstream and downstream workflows related to
> > testing one more step closer together and allow easier automation
> > tools development and sharing between Fedora, Red Hat Enterprise
> > Linux and other products, the CI team is proposing to use a
> > consistent format for the CI related messages:
> >
> >     https://pagure.io/fedora-ci/messages
> >
> > The specification (currently describing koji-build and brew-build
> > messages) is written in self-documented YAML files defining a
> > JSON SCHEMA which can be used to validate the message format.
> > Included is also a set of example messages to get a quick start.
> >
> > Please, review the proposed format and share your feedback.
> > Thanks!
>
> I've only skimmed the format and I don't work on anything that consumes
> these messages, so I can't provide great feedback on that. A couple of
> quick notes on the schema itself, though:

Thanks for the review, Jeremy.

> * "generated_at" is in a human-readable format, but doesn't include the
>   timezone (UTC). It would be nice to include that, or use a machine-
>   readable format and keep it documented as being UTC. You should also
>   be able to enforce this with JSON schema's "date-time" type if you
>   opt to go the human-readable route.

Yes, this is expected to be UTC as defined by the spec here:
https://pagure.io/fedora-ci/messages/blob/master/f/schemas/common.yaml#_20
Also the description suggests using the ISO format so I guess we
should be set here.

> * URLs can be of type "uri" and JSON schema will enforce that.

That for the hint. I've updated schemas to specify format as well
(simply using uri as type did not work):
https://pagure.io/fedora-ci/messages/c/c0cdee9
Unfortunately it seems "python-jsonschema" does not enforce this.

> I'm curious, are you aware of https://fedora-messaging.readthedocs.io/
> and generally the plan for Fedora infrastructure to move to AMQP?
> fedora-messaging uses JSON schema as well and enforces the schema when
> sending or receiving.

Didn't know that. Thanks for the pointer! Will have a look. Do you
know what's the time frame when the migration should happen?

psss...