Re: Koji (was: Re: F29 Self Contained Change: Deprecate YUM 3)

> On Thu, Jul 12, 2018 at 10:15:38AM +0200, Daniel Mach wrote:
>>>     koji
>>>
>>> koji is kinda important. I think this is meaning python2-koji?
>>> I would hope python3-koji/koji stays around?
>>>
>> ditto
>
> I don't understand, will Koji still work or not?

My understanding (and I hope koji developers/maintainers will jump in if
I am wrong here) is that koji as client should work fine. koji as
server/hub still needs work to no longer need yum.

See: https://pagure.io/koji/issue/971

> I was told (I don't know for sure) that this change will break Koji.
> We're using Koji on top of Fedora 29 to build Fedora/RISC-V.
>
> We'd love to use dnf instead of yum of course, but it seems like Koji
> uses a bunch of yum APIs, rather than just using the yum command line
> tool,so I've no idea how much work it's going to be to fix that.

Yeah, Fedora Infrastructure's koji instances are rhel, so they should
hopefully keep working. Unfortunately, I see from the above ticket that
this also affects kojid, which is going to hit us. ;(

So yeah, it would be very nice to have that fixed up before we drop yum.

kevin