Re: In the OpenShift Origin/CRI-O/Kubernetes effort we have a dilemma.

On Fri, Jun 29, 2018 at 11:41 AM Lokesh Mandvekar
<lsm5@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 29, 2018 at 04:03:28PM +0200, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> > Le 2018-06-29 14:31, Daniel Walsh a écrit :
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > > Users of OpenSHift Origin require CRI-O 1.10 right now.  But
> > > Kubernetes users want to try out the latest packages for kubernetes
> > > 1.11 which would require CRI-O 1.11.  Origin might not be ready to
> > > move to Kubernetes 1.11 for a while.
> > >
> > > Bottom line we want to be able to ship CRI-0 1.10.* and CRI-O 1.11.*
> > > releases in the same Fedora 28.
> >
> > I actively don't care what version you choose as long as the
> > kubernetes/dockers/whatever stack you settle on is done with proper srpms
> > that expose in a clean -devel package Go source code that can be used to
> > build any other Go software that wants to integrate with them. IE make them
> > proper distro components the rest of the distro can work upon, not selfish
> > binaries that care nothing about the rest of the Fedora universe.
>
> Just to confirm, as long as you get a cri-o-devel/docker-devel package,
> you're all set, yes?

I think he's referring to the fact that the container team has not
been helping with maintaining Go packages at all, instead vendoring
everything and not making their packages useful for integrating into
other software.