Re: Heads up: Python 3.7 rebuild in progress

I spent a bit of time last night trying to fix the python-pyopengl build failure. Here's where I got to:

It is the accelerate module which is failing to build when compiling the .c files that ship with the source tarball. These are generated upstream by Cython from the shipped .pyx files. Build failure arises due to a change in the python internal data structures, and so the .c files need to be regenerated by Cython.

I adjusted the package to regenerate the .c files during package build, but that currently fails due to missing .pxd files in the source tarball. I grabbed those files from the upstream git repo and added them to the package sources, but Cython isn't finding them - obviously the Cython load path needs adjusting somehow.

That's where I got to before I needed some sleep. I won't pick this up again until the weekend, so if anyone has time to look at it before then, that would be great.

Cheers,
Jonathan.