Re: i686 kernel missing on rawhide / disabling archs in critical path pkgs

On 22 June 2018 at 05:29, Daniel P. Berrangé <berrange@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> I encourage you to file a ticket with FESCO.
>
> I was hoping this mail would generate some more discussion perhaps with
> other ideas than I've come up with.
>
> If there's continued silence and i686 kernel doesn't get fixed soon,
> I'll file ticket with FESCO asking for i686 arch to be removed from
> main koji and relegated to a secondary koji instance, so i686 doesn't
> block maintainers going forward...

There is no secondary koji, and releng has said in the past they don't
want to go back to dealing with it. Dropping i686 is dropping i686
completely for both lib and multilib. The same will be with any other
architecture which causes such blockages in the future.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.