Re: i686 kernel missing on rawhide / disabling archs in critical path pkgs

On Fri, Jun 22, 2018 at 8:49 AM, Rex Dieter <rdieter@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Daniel P. Berrangé wrote:
>
>> If there's continued silence and i686 kernel doesn't get fixed soon,
>> I'll file ticket with FESCO asking for i686 arch to be removed from
>> main koji and relegated to a secondary koji instance, so i686 doesn't
>> block maintainers going forward...
>
> Not sure it's as simply as that.  Doing as you suggest means multilib
> support is lost too.

Right, the proper solution would be officially dropping the i686
kernel, and leaving just the headers package. That would mean that
packages which also depend on the actual kernel itself would be
modified to drop i686 builds. In such a case, if the SIG were to
decide to continue trying for an i686 release, those packages
themselves would need to be built on a secondary koji, though they
could still use the packages that are build in primary for multilib.

Justin