Re: FESCo Elections - May 2018 : Results announcement

I think that might have a lot to do with the turnout, indeed. I believe there's a general perception in the community that FESCo has been doing a good job, and there's not really any significant issues involved in the election.

But also, consider election burnout. FESCo, Mindshare, and Council elections, every six months or thereabouts... it turns out to be a lot, right? We've had nine completed elections in the past year, or fourteen if you count the five cancelled elections. [1] That's a quirk of our releases not being exactly six months apart, but it's also kind of a lot, right? Reading the interviews for the same candidates again and again each year gets old pretty fast. So if we want to increase turnout and improve our elections, the first thing I would do is make the elections less frequent, to reduce voter burnout, e.g. once hold them all once per year (for three elections per year) instead of twice per year.

I do agree here, +1